Applications Now Open for O|Sessions Black Listening — A Performance Masterclass
Obsidian Literary and the Poetry Foundation are partnering to present O|Sessions Black Listening — A Performance Masterclass, a free two-day virtual workshop on the role of listening and improvisation in performance.
This program invites attendees to delve into the art of deep listening as a primary yet overlooked method of composing, revising, performing, and invigorating one’s work. Workshops will be led by award winning poets and performance artists avery r. young, Douglas Kearney, Duriel E. Harris, and Rosamond S. King.
Applications are open to beginning, emerging, and established artists who self-identify as Black and/or as a part of the African diaspora. International applicants are welcome to apply.
- Virtual sessions: July 16–17, 2022; 2–5:00 PM Central (GMT-5)
- Attendees are expected to attend both sessions.
- Sessions will include live captioning.
- Applications due: June 3, 2022
- More info and apply here.